Monday, January 26, 2009

Engage me or Enrage me!

Awesome article by Marc Prensky. "3 kinds of students"---wonder how this relates to international schools....do we generally have one kind more than another? Seems as we have (in Vienna) low divorce, high income (generally) and well-cared for students, that engagement might be skewed higher. At present, being in the elem school also doesn't give me a clear picture of MS level of disengagement....
Love the image of teens with "scores of windows open" and the fast and stimulating pace of "always on" with some media or another. What a hyper setting to compete with during school time! It moves me to think about how to set up my counseling office for next year. What to hang on the walls and have on the shelves that will not only be inviting/comfortable/affirming to students, but also stimulating and in sync with their TECH IDentity!

No comments:

Post a Comment